Trees can be absolutely beautiful, but they can also cause a serious hazard. Limbs or entire trees falling can create tons of property damage and bodily harm. However, problem trees can be difficult to identify to non-experts. As for dealing with them, having an inexperienced person attempting to handle these problems can be almost as hazardous as leaving them in place. Between the difficulties of getting good access and managing the work site, dealing with a dangerous tree can be a chore. Thankfully, an arborist can help diagnose and address the problem and keep you and your property safe, via a variety of tree maintenance procedures.
Types of Tree Maintenance
There are a few different methods that can help maintain a tree. While the final decision should be based on safety, however, there are some preferences to keep in mind.
- One of the most effective options is tree removal. However, this naturally eliminates the entire tree and is very work intensive. The whole tree gets removed, including the stump and root system. All of these components need to be removed and disposed of. This makes tree removal one of the most the expensive options, and it also can deprive you of a tree. Unless you are seeking this option out, it should only be reserved for trees deemed too dangerous to manage another way.
- Tree topping is another tree management option. As the name suggests, the process involves removing the entire top of the tree, leaving only lateral branches which aren’t big enough to take over as a new dominant branch. The process stunts the vertical growth of a tree, keeping it restrained and the overall tree shorter. This can obviously limit the potential of the tree to cause damage. However, the cuts from a topping can take a long time to heal, leaving the tree possibly vulnerable to a fungal infection which may kill the tree. This is a viable option for tree manage.
- Tree lopping is the most precise tree management option. It involves the idea of taking care of the most significant and most dangerous lateral branches. This avoids massive cuts to the core of the tree but helps to maintain the tree in a safe and healthy fashion. Safe and healthy trees are less likely to fall and cause damage but keep the natural beauty of the tree intact.
The Process of Tree Lopping
A professional arborist can perform the service of tree lopping in Brisbane and keep your trees safe and healthy and keep your property undamaged.
- The first step is to get an inspection and estimation of the project. A professional arborist can examine the tree and give you an accurate picture of the work that needs to be done. Many experts performing tree lopping in Brisbane will perform an inspection and provide a no-obligation estimate at no cost.
- The arborist can then determine the scope of the tree lopping to take place. Some of the services that can be recommended are the removal of dangerous or overhanging branches, reducing the crown and weight of a tree, removal of any dead wood on the tree, elimination of any broken or diseased branches and even bracing a tree with a steel cable to increase sturdiness. The arborist can recommend which services suit your project the best.
- Most professionals performing the tree lopping service will also handle the entire clean up and removal process, leaving you with a safe and healthy tree.
Enjoy the natural beauty of your tree without any danger by having an arborist manage tree lopping for any growth on your property.